Friday, January 21, 2005

i love my kids






myolder two kids moved in with their dad a couple of years ago and initially I went through some major depression. I was hurt, I felt betrayed and I feared the constant tearing down of me from their new residence would damage our relationship. Well, the tearing down happened but the relationship is still wonderful. I am so happy to know, with clarity that my kids know I am always there for them and there is NOTHING they cannot discuss with me. They know I will never judge but listen and offer my perceptions. I understood later that they were not my property and had to make their own choices along the way because that is how you learn. You cannot remove your kids responsibility to make their own decisions. What I did do, is explain to them that there are boundries in this world and when you cross them, you have to deal with the circumstances of their choices. They really are amazing people and I am so thankful for being their mom and friend.

October 15, 2003 - 10:53 AM
a letter from my daughter

»
Things we take for granted are sometimes impossible to see
One I thing admit I took was the time having you with me.
From the time I was brought into this world I was connected to you
This connection has stayed all my l ife and seen me through
You kept me safe, happy and let me grow
You show me the strongest and most beautiful love I'll ever know.
A mother and her daughter with the most powerful love
A mother who I'm convinced is an Angel from above.
I think of you every time I look at the stars and the rain
Not being with you causes me an empty pain
It hurts in my heart and makes me sometimes cry at night
looking at your picture in my bed at late hours with dimmed light.
I lie awake in bed thinking of your smile, your laugh and I see
Everyday I'm reminded how much of you is within me.
Through the trials and hardships I have and still face everyday
Your influence and spirit is with me to help lead the way.
You have allowed me to develop

No comments: